Randal created this line illustration of the side view of a Buick to illustrate an computer controlled automotive fuel system. The work was commissioned by a Chicago area ad agency in the 1980′s.
I took a watercolor class in the 1980′s at the American Academy of Art in Chicago and Irving Shapiro was the instructor. I did this watercolor painting for that class. I had the honor of having it featured in his book on Watercolor.
Randal Birkey put together this self-promotional ad for the 1997 Black Book.
- Pharmaceutical Product Logo
- Globe – Product Illustration
- Retouched and digitally altered 5 dollar bill with 2 Abe Lincoln’s
- Close-up diagram of a chain product used in a road grader
- Watercolor boot
- Watercolor tractor
- Nascar line drawing sketch
- How to measure for a swimsuit diagram
- 3D clock tower projecting from a 2D blueprint
- 2 whimsical vector art graphs
Randal Birkey put together this self-promotional ad for the 1998 Black Book.
- A series of vector line art icons
- A Nuclear Fission Reactor Core Vessel
- An Atomic Level Fission Nuclear Reaction Diagram
- A Medical Doctor Digital Vector Illustration
- Youth Science Fair Project
- Automotive Engine Turbocharger See-Through Cutaway
- A Harris Branch Bank Architectural Line Illustration
An automotive aftermarket manufacturer required a diagram illustration to show how a new type of cellulose fiber could filter automotive oil better than previous competitive products. This is a sepia line art drawing on D’Arches watercolor paper, with Windsor & Newton watercolor washes added by hand.
Randal Birkey created this quick felt tip ink line sketch showing the location of a “piston pin” in the layout of an automotive V-8 engine.
Randal Birkey illustrated this Aiwa car stereo unit for an ad agency in the early 1980’s.